Booking terms & conditions
Individual guest at SUST! Health Retreats
By booking a retreat with SUST! Health Retreats you agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any other parties included in your booking. These Terms and Conditions are entered into under the laws of the England and Wales.
Retreats – General Information
SUST! Health Retreats offers retreats that focus on nutrition, yoga, fitness and wellness.
Guests can chose to book any type of retreat available on our website. SUST! Health Retreats welcomes any human being regardless of race, gender, faith, religion, lifestyle choices and dietary preferences, as long as they have an open mind and are kind and considerate to other people and the planet. Please note the retreats are not suitable for children as such all guests must be 18 years or older.
On each retreat, guests are to arrive in time to start the as scheduled. Guests should only arrive late with approval from SUST! Health Retreats. Guests must leave the retreat on departure day by 1030am unless they are staying to participate in a subsequent event.
Guests will receive three light meals a day to provide the right balance of macro and micronutrients to support the guests, at the same time avoid the overindulgence of calorific foods. Alongside the main programme of activity, informal talks to inspire and educate on food and lifestyle choices will be given. Our aim is to ensure guests eat well-balanced highly nutritious meals so that they go home feeling light and full of energy. All guests should be fit and well to participate in the week and have declared themselves fit and well and signed the health form waiver.
What is included and not included on each type of retreat is available on the website, typically:
- A bed in a twin or double room or triple room (as booked)
- Three meals a day
- Drinking water
- Towel for showering
- Yoga classes, Guided walks and Fitness classes
- Use of pool and hot tub if the venue has those facilities.
- A shuttle service to and from Barnstaple train station at a specified time.
- Transport to any hiking trails during the retreat.
- Towel for sunbathing
- Travel to and from the venue other than shuttles to the station or for hikes.
- Therapies and consultations are at an additional cost
- Travel insurance – all guests are encouraged to hold their own insurance
The price of retreats and what is included in the price is available on our website at www.susthealthretreats.com. Prices are listed per retreat and booking options will be listed also, depending on which venue is hosting the retreat.
Single supplement applies if you prefer not to share your accommodation.
All prices are in UK£ and all transactions must be made via the website using online card payments. If you prefer to do a bank transfer or need more information, please contact us on our email address.
Prices are set on the website for each retreat and room option and available in Pounds Sterling. Prices may vary from year to year however, once a booking is made, the price will be kept unchanged.
If you have chosen to room share you will be an open minded, compassionate and considerate person and respect the space and character of the person you share with. We like to encourage new friendships and sharing a room paves the way for great human connections on retreat and the special community feel and vibe. We regret we are unable to change you to another room if you are not satisfied in your room so if this is something you are concerned about you are free to choose the single supplement booking option on our website.
SUST Health Retreats cannot be held responsible for any issues concerning room sharing, including but not limited to: clash of personalities; disagreements; and snoring. SUST! Health Retreats will endeavour to resolve the problem but we cannot take any responsibility for the actions of the person/s in question.
Deposits and Payment:
Reservations can be made via the website online booking system in Pounds Sterling. Payments are to be made using online card payments. Payments by bank transfer may be possible on request, please contact us via email.
A non-refundable deposit of £200.00 per person must accompany the booking request to secure each place with SUST Health Retreats.
The full balance is due 8 weeks prior to the start date of the booked retreat. If the full balance is not received by this deadline, guests risk forfeiting their retreat booking.
For bookings made within 8 weeks of the start of the retreat week, the price of the retreat needs to be paid in full.
Once a guest makes a reservation, they be sent an email confirming their place on the retreat, with our Terms and Conditions and our Release and Waiver.
Approximately 10 weeks prior to the start of the retreat week each guest will be sent an email requesting payment of the balance of the booking within 8 weeks of the start of the retreat week and completion and submission of the Pre-Retreat Questionnaire.
Guests will not be allowed to start the retreat unless the balance payment is made, the Release and Waiver is submitted and Pre-Retreat Questionnaire is submitted.
Once guests have confirmation of their booking they have a further 24hrs to cancel and obtain a full refund. All cancellations request must be received in writing. After this period, if a guest needs to cancel a retreat booking, the following refund policy will apply:
- For all cancellations up to 8 weeks prior to the start date of the retreat, a full refund minus 5% admin charge will be provided.
- For cancellations between 8 to 4 weeks prior to the start date of the retreat, a 50% refund will be provided.
- For cancellations between 4 and 0 weeks prior to the start date of the booked retreat, no refund will be provided.
- If, for whatever reason you fail to arrive or you need to leave the retreat prematurely, no refund will be provided.
Transfer to alternative dates:
If guests need to transfer their booking to an alternative retreat date as a result of reasons outside of their control, and where reasonable notice is given, SUST! Health Retreats will look to transfer the guests to a mutually agreeable alternative retreat.
Retreat cancellation, closure or variation:
If due to unforeseen circumstances the retreat cannot go ahead we will inform you as soon as possible. We recommend you take out travel insurance in case this occurs. If you have been unable to claim on your insurance we will aim to move you to another week in the event of closure.
Due to mechanical faults, weather conditions, or circumstances outside of our control, some amenities may be temporarily unavailable. SUST! Health Retreats may have to vary the advertised programme due to unforeseen problems but we will endeavour to provide a reasonable alternative.
If a member of staff becomes ill or is injured then we will do our best to find an alternative member of the team as soon as possible. It may result in a change to the programme and classes while we find a replacement.
Eight weeks prior to the retreat each guest will be asked to complete and return a Pre-Retreat Questionnaire. This will provide SUST! Health personal information to allow adequate planning of the retreat itself such as Dietary Requirements, Travel Arrangements, Supplementary Treatment Requests, inclusion in WhatsApp groups etc.
Release & Waiver Form
Guests are required to complete and return the Release & Waiver Form with the balance payment. All guests must assume that there is an element of risk in taking part in any retreat and that they must take full responsibility for this risk and seek doctors permission to participate if they have any predetermined heath conditioning. This form also allows SUST Health Retreats to utilise any photographs, motion pictures, videotapes, recordings from the Retreat.
An example Release and Waiver Form can be found on our website.
Personal Travel Insurance
It is highly recommended that all guests obtain travel insurance a are unable to accept responsibility.
By booking a retreat with SUST! Health Retreats each guest agrees to:
- respect all other guests and staff. We do not tolerate negative abusive behaviour and anyone who actively affects the atmosphere of the group will be asked to leave with no refund given.
- take care of the venue and leave it clean and tidy and be liable for the payment of any damage caused to the property or its contents.
- permit the venue owners and retreat staff access to the rooms to allow cleaning and any maintenance.
- not depart with possession of anything from the venue.
- not sell or transfer the booking to another party without permission.
- respect the environment and act in an environmentally responsible manner.
- will act safely and sensibly at all times adhering to any venue specific policies.
- will not to smoke in any of the property or property grounds (if you must smoke there will be a designated safe place outside of the property grounds and all tobacco material must be fully extinguished before leaving in the safety bin).
- will not drink alcohol on the property or grounds (unless a private rental has prior agreement with the owners).
- will remain quiet, refraining from loud talking or disturbance to other guests or staff after 9pm.
- accept that drugs are strictly prohibited and that anyone found using drugs will be asked to leave immediately.
Comments and Complaints
At SUST! Health Retreats we pride ourselves on ensuring that guests are satisfied with their retreat. Of course there may be something that a guest is not happy about and if this is the case we ask guests to speak with us as soon as possible so we can correct and resolve the grievance. It is important to us that we get the opportunity to fix the issue rather during the retreat. Please bear in mind that any claims may be rejected if we are not given the opportunity to put matters right during the retreat.
Limitation of Liability
SUST! Health Retreats will not accept liability, unless excluded by law, for:
- Any events beyond our control.
- Personal injury, illness or death of guests.
- Health conditions developing during or after retreat.
- Not being able to participate on retreat due to train or flight cancellations or loss of luggage or forced closure.
- Loss or damage to personal property whilst on a retreat week.
- Not being able to participate on retreat due to ill health.
SUST! Health Retreats will treat all personal data and information from our Guests, including keeping copies of their identification documents, in accordance with the legal directives in the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council, of 27th April 2016.